Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fun in the Sun

by Corbyn Small
This last weekend makes a perfect case for the reason I chose to live in San Diego. The 76 degree sunny weather with a strong breeze and 70 degree ocean water just doesn't get much better in my book, or blog if you will (a miserable attempt to be as witty as my superstar creative writing co-worker, Aly, who blogs Mondays and Wednesdays).
We kicked off the weekend in San Diego with a fun Friday lunch with a few staff members at a local park in the bay not too far from our office. We played frisbee and bocce ball after eating sack lunches and sitting in the shade. You may not consider throwing a frisbee upside down or in reverse as work related knowledge, but I like to think that somewhere down the line I will benefit from my newfound flying disc techniques. The rest of the weekend was filled with boats, sun, swimming, gallivanting, napping, and playing. I rejoined some of my Plant With Purpose co-workers and interns on Saturday night for an awesome event that we told you about last week called Fire and Flowers. The event had it all, music, art, refreshments and friends. I would love to tell you all about it, but in
order to make sure our reader/viewer ship gets their most out of their daily blog experience I am going to leave the storytelling up to Aly for that part of this wonderful weekend. Look forward to reading about that tomorrow when you get this blog in your inbox in the morning! (if you are not getting these blogs to your inbox, subscribe via email at the top of the blog and make life easier!)
P.S. In case you forgot to remember yesterday... The 40th year anniversary of Neil and Buzz's first steps on the moon in 1969 was yesterday! Check out the video on youtube. What would my generation ever do without youtube to share moments like these?

No comments:

Post a Comment